- Duration: 10 hours
Leadership Skills for Managers
Today’s leaders face many challenges in achieving their goals. Rapid changes in technology, a more diverse workforce, and changes in government regulations, worldwide competition, and the growing complexity of things in general have increased our awareness of the need for more effective leaders. Developing leaders requires having an understanding of the knowledge and skills required for effective leaders.
Leadership Skills for Managers, focuses on five leadership skill sets necessary to ensure individual and organization performance: providing direction, leading by example, enabling others, sharing power, and seeking a better way. In addition to the leadership skill sets, the course examines the attitudes and mindsets of effective leaders. In the final analysis, the evidence of leadership is in the performance of the people and the organizations that follow the leader. When they perform well, the leader is a success. When they don’t perform well, leadership changes are almost always forthcoming.
This course provides the background, real-world examples, practical applications, and numerous exercises to help prepare aspiring leaders. The lessons learned in this course can be applied to any leadership level in an organization and in any type of
- The Need for Leadership
- Five Theories of Leadership
- Leadership Traits and Characteristics
- Leadership Impact on Performance
- Complexity Within the Business Environment
- Diversity of People, Thoughts, and Perspectives
- Ethical Leadership
- Ambiguity and Change
- Leaders Innovate; Managers Administer
- Leaders Seek Challenges; Managers Seek to Maintain the Status Quo
- Leaders Think Long Term; Managers Think Short to Mid Term
- Leaders Motivate and Inspire; Managers Control
- Leaders Worry About Doing the Right Things; Managers Worry About
- Leaders Have a Wide Circle of Influence; Managers Have Limited Influence
- Providing Direction
- Leading by Example
- Enabling Others
- Sharing Power
- Seeking a Better Way
The ILC Experience
- Expert trainers – Passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Practical training methods – Theory and practical based training to takeback to the office.