Microsoft Word 2019 Level 1
• Use a mouse
• Type and use a keyboard
• Navigate through Windows files and folders
• Work with Windows – minimise, maximise, open and close
• These skills can be gained by attending one of our PC Fundamentals courses.
Delegates will learn how to
• Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
• Format text and paragraphs.
• Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
• Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customising list styles.
• Create and format tables.
• Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
• Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colours, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout. Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
• Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
• Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
• Topic C: Manage Your Workspace
• Topic D: Edit Documents
• Topic E: Preview and Print Documents
• Topic F: Customise the Word Environment
• Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
• Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
• Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
• Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
• Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
• Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
• Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
• Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
• Topic A: Sort a List
• Topic B: Format a List
• Topic A: Insert a Table
• Topic B: Modify a Table
• Topic C: Format a Table
• Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
• Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
• Topic B: Add Images to a Document
• Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Colour
• Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
• Topic C: Control Page Layout
• Topic D: Add a Watermark
• Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
• Topic B: Use Research Tools
• Topic C: Check Accessibility
• Topic D: Save a Document to Other Formats
This course covers some of the Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word 2019 Exam and the Word 2019 Expert Exam.